[HCDX]: QSL IRQ + TNZ

Hello,

2 QSLs to report here :

IRAQ : Radio Iraq International sent a qsl via Air Mail for
its German Service on 11785 kHz in 92 days, return postage was
1 IRC, return address given as Radio Irak International, P.O.
Box  8145 CN.12222, Bagdad - Irak. So they consequently used
German spelling (Irak inst. of Iraq and Bagdad inst. of
Baghdad). The QSL card itself is a folder card (smaller that
that from the 80'ies), colored pictures (iraqi flag, a statue,
historical buildings from Mesopotamia) on the outside, black
nd white drawing of Iraqi map (monuments as illustrations)
inside. The inside also had my full adderss and the partial
data verification (date) signed by M.el Wettar. Two weeks
between issuing qsl card and stamp date on the envelope. The
envelope contained nothing else than the folder card.
(Martin Schoech, Merseburg, Germany)

TANZANIA : At the end of march I reported the reception of a
verification letter from The Voice of Tanzania Zanzibar (after
only 25 days, on 11734 kHz). There they asked me to do the
printing of QSLs for them. Belgian DXer Guido Schotmans took
over this task and designed a beautiful colored qsl card showing
a map of Zanzibar and a tranmitter place on the island. It seems, he
even somehow managed to get the cards to Zanzibar since today I
already received one of those newly designed qsl cards from them ! It
was stamped with station seal and signed by A.M.Said. Together with it
I received a copy of a thank you letter to Guido in Belgium. Quote
'This will mark another era to Radio DX listening club because we will
be able to supply the needed qsls all over the world.' Radio Tanzania
Zanzibar called me 'a real gentleman' in their letter. But its easy to
spread a message on the net, but not so easy to deliver cards to
Zanzibar. So we should all thank you Guido Schotmans ! Add : The Voice
of Tanzania Zanzibar, Department of Broadcasting, P.O.Box 1178,
Zanzibar, Tanzania (Martin Schoech, Merseburg, Germany)

Martin Schoech - Post Box 1136 - 06201 Merseburg - Deutschland
Pirate Radio Page (PIRATEN.WDB address list):
http://www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/2594/geo-pir.htm