Re: [HCDX]: Pirate Pages (PiPa) #221

I find it inappropiate to actually print person,s home address in a list
like this.
Perhaps the moderator of this forum could comment ??
73s Jerry

ayoder@xxxxxxx (Andrew Yoder) on 08/25/98 01:51:38 PM

Please respond to hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   pinky4@xxxxxxxxx
cc:    (bcc: Jerry Monroe/uspbni)
Subject:  [HCDX]: Pirate Pages (PiPa) #221

Howdy all & welcome to PiPa#221! (This is just the cover sheet, PiPa #2=
21
should either be an attached file to this or should follow right after =
my
own greetings & name).
This issue's a few weeks late & I'm desperately trying to catch up with=

everything. Hey, I knocked a day off of this one! Expect the next issue=

(#222) in the next few days.
I'll be in New England at the Boxboro (NW Boston) hamfest this coming
weekend 8/29-8/30 with Hobby Broadcasting. If you're there, I hope to s=
ee
you! For other hamfest events that we'll be at, see the HB events page =
on
the Hobby Broadcasting Web site.
        The next (Fall) issue is back from the printer and should be
available via subscription in late August and on the newsstands in earl=
September. Some of the features include a "toolkit" for starting a
cable-access TV program, digging up rare early movies and television
progams
for rebroadcasting, information concerning the recent shutdowns of Free=

Radio Berkeley and Radio Mutiny, the FCC's criminal case against Lonnie=

Kobres, A review of the Broadcast Warehouse 1-watt transmitter, modifyi=
ng
an
inexpensive amateur TV transmitter for commercial TV channels, a look b=
ack
at Radio Free Naptown, building dipole antennas for the AM band, and mo=
re!
        For a sample of HB (a year's sub is $12), send $3 in the US ($4=

outside) to: Hobby Broadcasting, PO Box 642, Mont Alto, PA 17237
PiPa #221   POB 840             8/25/98
      Mont Alto, PA 17237
      ayoder@xxxxxxx
      http://www.frn.net/rfi
PiPa #221 contains logs from FRW #130/131 + some more
PIRATE SHIP ELECTRA PROJECT SCUTTLED! [Another radio ship project has
failed]. NASWA member  Doug Robertson of Oxnard, CA sent a copy of a no=
tice
of a U.S. Marshal's sale in the U.S. District Court for the So. Distric=
t of
Georgia (Savannah Division) of the "Offshore Radio Broadcast Station Tu=
'Electra,'" an "all welded steel, model bow, capstan towboat fitted wit=
h a
complete radio broadcast station, including radio tower."  For addition=
al
info or an appointment for inspection, contact H. David Scott, Southeas=
tern
Marine Surveying Co., 912-233-4157, FAX 912-238-0821.  It was to be sol=
d to
the highest bidder on July 15 at 10:00 a.m. by the U.S. Marshal. [I cal=
led
the SE Marine Surveying Company and they said it sold for around $35,00=
0 at
auction. Chris Lobdell.]
The ship ran into another boat on the way down, and there were some
lawsuits
involved.  Also, the preacher that was financing it ran out of money.
Neither Scott nor Allan [Weiner] was on the ship when any of that happe=
ned,
nor did they have any involvement with the problems that caused the Fed=
s to
come.  Allan has been working on his land-based stn, and Scott was down=
 in
the Caribbean until a month or so ago.  They both got paid by the preac=
her
for all the work they did, so, other than the fact that the ship they
worked
so hard on won't be on the air, they both made out okay on the deal.
[Thanks
to Anita McCormick & Doug Robertson for info!]
UPDATE from #220:
Paul Ormandy noted that Greg Majewski's unid on 6812 is Radio Ondas del=
 Rio
Mayo, Nueva Cajamarca and that they are a good verifier! Thanks Paul! Y=
ou
can hear his DX info on Radio New Zealand International during "Mailbox=
",
fortnightly broadcasts, Mondays 2125 UTC on 17675kHz, Wednesdays 1735 U=
TC
on
6145kHz and Fridays 1930 UTC on 9875kHz.
MORE STATIONS SIGNING ON IN THE =93X-BAND=94: For those of you hoping t=
o hear a
pirate above 1600 kHz, it=92s getting mighty crowded up there!   3 more=

stations have joined the growing list of =93expanded band=94 stations i=
n the
past 2 weeks:
1640 Sussex-WI, 1670 WTDY Madison WI, and 1690 WMDM Lexington Park-MD.
So, to recap, in addition to the various Highway Advisory Radio and
Travellers Information Stations, here=92s what you can expect to hear i=
n the
=93X-Band=94 depending on your location:
1610 CHEV Toronto ON Limited time mobile sports events station
1620 WPHG Atmore AL Gospel
1620 KRIZ Renton WA Soul music
1640 KDIA Vallejo CA Soul music
1640 KKJY Lake Oswego OR Gospel
1640 WKSH Sussex WI Contemporary Christian music.  Not 24 hours!
1650 KKTR Costa Mesa CA All-traffic reports (!)  (ex-KGXL)
1660 WBAH Elizabeth NJ Spanish (formerly WJDM)
1670 WNML Warner Robins GA Sports talk =96 =93The Sports Animal=94
1670 WTDY Madison WI News/talk
1690 KAYK Arvada CO Disney
1690 WMDM Lexington Park MD Talk: "Bay Talk
1690". 1700 WCMQ Miami Springs FL Spanish (Cuban)
And for those who are really interested in various Highway Advisory Rad=
io
and Travellers Information Stations, here=92s a website worth checking =
out:
http://www.erols.com/wharms/tis/
LOGGINGS: ALAN MAYSGA PROJECT Providence
6955U 7-4 *1610-1652* Mumbling announcer and Alan Parsons Project music=