[HCDX]: More on Passport 1999....

Hello, everyone.  I just got off the telephone with Larry Magne,
who assures me that the new Passport to World Band Radio HAS been
printed, and should be in the hands of U.S. dealers by sometime next week
at the latest.  Also, postcards have been sent to those who regularly
order Passport directly from IBS, and those of you who order that way
should get your cards soon.

On Wed, 7 Oct 1998, Stig Hartvig Nielsen wrote:

> I tried the web-site of Passport to World Band Radio/International
> Broadcasting Services Ltd. a couple of days ago - and today I checked
> their orderline - and in both cases all they announce is the one year old
> 1998 edition. Sic!

I asked Larry about that, and he says that they did not want to change
the Web page and the phone message until the book is actually available.
The Web page should show the 1999 edition within a couple of days.

> Anyway I forwarded an order by fax on September 29th to Passport to World
> Band Radio asking for a confirmation of my order by fax or by e-mail. As of
> today still no reply.
>
> Today I then tried to call the office in the US - and all I got was an
> answering machine.

The reason you have not heard from anyone is that Mary Kroszner, who
handles such business for Passport, has been out of the office due to
a serious knee injury; also, Larry was out of town recently while
attending the Ontario DX Association conference. Larry sends his apologies
to you, Stig, and to anyone else who has tried to get through and hasn't
received a message.

Anyway, all IS well at International Broadcasting Services, Ltd., and
Passport 1999 is on the way!

Marie Lamb
Editorial Contributor
Passport to World Band Radio