[HCDX]: No nore BBC QSLs ?

The following is a letter the East German DXer M.Martin received from
the BBC on Sep 29th, 1998. He wanted to take part in the special action
'QSLs from BBC Relay Stations' during the celebrations for '60 years of
German Service'. Personally I received my latest QSLs from this action in
early September. Draw the conclusions yourself ...M.Schoech Oct. 9 1998

Letter from BBC :

British Broadcasting Corporation 3rd Floor NW Wing Bush House PO Box 76
Strand London WC2B 4PH BBBC World Service

Marketing

QSLs

Thank you for your reception report. Regrettably, however, the BBC World
Service is no longer able to send QSLs. We do not have the resources to
verify the information given, and budget restrictions over recent years have
meant that QSL cards, along with other promotional materials previously
available, have had to be discontinued.

We are aware that other International broadcasters suffering similar funding
restrictions still send QSLs, but World Service programme delivery engineers
now have their owm monitoring systems in place and do not actively seek
reception reports or enlist short-wave monitors. We feel that it is more
appropriate to channel our limited resources into making the programmes upon
which the reputation of the World Service is based.  However, reports of
unusual or persistent interference on specific frequencies can be very useful
and are always passed on to our engineers.

Enclosed please find a copy of our programme guide for your region.

You may also be interested in BBC On Air, our listings magazine, which is
available monthly by subscription and provides programme details, schedules
and frequency charts for the whole world.  To find out more, Telephone
+44 171 257 2855 or 2211 (answerphone), fax, +44 171 240 4899, or e-mail
<on.air.magazine@xxxxxxxxx>, or write to the address shown above.

Audience Relations
Tel: +44 (0)171 557 1165 - Far. +44 (0)171 557 1258
e-mail:	worldservice.letters@xxxxxxxxx
website:	http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice

qsl

Martin Schoech - Post Box 1136 - 06201 Merseburg - Deutschland
Pirate Radio Page (PIRATEN.WDB address list):
http://www.swl.net/swl-de/swl-pir.htm
Clandestine Radio Page (CLANDESTINE RADIO WATCH):
http://www.swl.net/swl-de/swl-cla.htm