Re: [HCDX]: what could you do during lighting?

Re: [HCDX]: what could you do during lighting?

Do you know  if lightning can still affect  handheld radios ( bettery operated?)
a friend of me  said no! and for the moment  the scanner seems not  to be anyway affected

I m happy that  the receiver LOWE did not have any problem  though the smallest antenna 3
m which was very close to the wall) was connected  to the antenna  shadowing filter,which
 was also connected with the LOWE  , and the  switch from the mains supply splitter (how
you call it?power surge? )  was off !

Soemthing  i made afterwards.Ysetreday 15 hours afterwards, I connected  the two antennas
 with a thin ( 0.6mm x 100 m long ) wire  to the  plumbing system which is as far as i
know well grounded to absorb if any , static electricity.

---