[HCDX]: LOGGINGS

ECUADOR 5010.3 Escuelas Radiofonicas Populares, Riobama
(Presumed/Listed) 0242-0249. Love the music! Pipes and other native
instruments with group singing.  Announcement in Spanish between
selections. No ID heard.  Surprisingly strong for listed 800 watts, but got
blown away by Madagascar at about 0249.  (Harms-Maryland Nov 26)

KOREA, DPR of. 6400 Pyongyang Broadcasting Station, Kanggye
(location listed) 2154-2200 Song by chorus in Korean. The reception was
clear enough to enable me pick out words from the songs. The first song
mentioned "Uri-e Haengbok" (or "Our Happiness" in English.)  2159:45
Clear ID "Pyongyang Pangsong-imnida."  Followed by a time check in
Korean for 7 o'clock.  Time pips (three short and one long) followed by
news by male announcer. Signal was fair. Seemed parallel to 6250 which
was much weaker. Audio clip of the ID can be found at
http://www.erols.com/wharms/sounds/other/PBS_Kanggye_6400.ram
(Harms-Maryland Nov 24)

KOREA, REP of. 6480 Radio Korea International 2130 Caught the last few
bars of the RKI Theme. Poor-fair signal. Program in English. (Harms-
Maryland Nov 24)