Re: [HCDX]: turbocharged Trans-Atlantics

At 09:29 PM 12/18/98 +0100, you wrote:
>WA1ION@xxxxxxxxxxxxx schrieb:
>> Medium wave signals from northern Europe were very strong here
>> between 0200 and 0500 UTC on 18 DEC 1998 in Billerica, MA
>> (15 miles / 24 km north west of Boston).
>>
>I noted this from the other side here in Germany near Wolfburg. Early fade
in of
>1510 WNRB at 21.05 UTC, 1690 WMDM at 21.15 UTC and 1670 WNML at 21.50 UTC 17
>DEC. All with strong signals. Over night I recorded 4 frequencies, but I
havn't
>already listen to the tapes. During a short listening in the morning before
>work, 04.45 - 05.05 UTC the new x-bander on 1650 booming in, with phone
ins, wx
>for Portsmouth and ABC News.
>
>73's
>
>Hartmut Wolff

The above is totally in error.  Portsmouth, VA is not on - they ended the
non-stop music two days ago and have been off since.  I would say that
this was KDNZ (KDNC) in Cedar Falls, IA since they are a talk station
but the claim that weather for Portsmouth was heard makes me completely
doubt the alleged logging.

Al-K 4 G L U
Chincoteague Island, VA