From: owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:owner-hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Mark Mohrmann
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 1998 9:22 AM
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [HCDX]: NRD-545

A Side Note To Computer Aided DXing:

I'm surprised to find so many DXer's interested in using their PC's to
control their SW rigs. I find that operation of my PC, even without any
connection to my 535D, creates so much RF noise that it makes DXing
impossible. While it is true that the PC is plugged into a 2-wire
I guess my questions are: Do most of you have the increase in PC
generated noise and live with it because the advantages of the PC
outweigh the increased noise? Is the increased noise not noticeable at
your QTH because you are already in a noisy DXing environment? Have you
engineered your ground system so that the PC truly does not present a
noise problem at all?

Mark Mohrmann
Coventry, Vt. USA
mohrmannm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx