Re: [HCDX]: unid 1330 kHz

Robert Joosten schrieb:
> Hello,
>
> This morning, 25 dec 98 at 0126UTC, I came accross a unid station.
>
> It carried a French program, but I couldn't ID him. The signal was weak,
> and suffered QSB; the signal dropped below the noise often. It peeked S4 at
> it best.
>
> Was it Senegal who changed or a US station ?
>
> Does anyone knows more about it, or know a W-station who has programmed
> french ? The male speaker had no special accent...
>
> Equipment used: 12m wire plus MLB and NRD-525.
>
> Merry christmas / happy new year;
> or gd luck with Ramadan if you're on with that.
>
> Robert Joosten, HOL.

Robert,
Are you sure it was French ?
When I was travelling on in the NE USA, I heard several stations carrying
programming in a language that on first hearing sounded to me like French, but
I could not really understand it. Later I found several program schedules
referring to "Creole" language being used, which I think is what I heard.
I never heard French programs from a US station (although there may be some).
On the frequency you mention, WRCA (Waltham, MA) is active. However, I only
heard them in Spanish. I do not know if they carry other languages as well.
Have a look at the Boston Radio Archive :
http://radio.lcs.mit.edu/radio/bostonradio.html
They give a lot of detail on prgramming format of AM stations in the NE USA.

Regards,
Aart Rouw