Re: [HCDX]: logs 19-30 DEC 1998

At 22:53 5.1.1999 -0600, you wrote:

>(logs 19-30 DEC 1998: file=DX981230.LOG)
>
>Report from Mark Connelly - Times / dates = UTC / 1998

855 | SPAIN | RNE1, Murcia et al., DEC 26 0228 - interview
with woman in SS; excellent. [Connelly*H-MA]

*****
Nice loggings, 855 seems to be quite regularly heard with synchro
transmiters as listed in your report and elsewhere when heard. I have
noticed that RNE1 Cantabria in Santander on the coast of Northern Spain
produce a very good signal in Northern Europe, and RNE1 Murcia, despite its
powerful transmitter isn't that common. So my guess would be that it's
because of mainly Santander-transmitter's vast outreach that you can hear
855 so well, but of course this is just an assumption.

By the way, have you noted regional and local broadcastings from Spanish
stations, it should be quite possible in the winter time anyway. SER and
COPE have local broadcasts in the night, around 2255 and 2330, and in the
early morning starting from 0550, and for RNE1 and RNE1 at 0555 UTC?

Per-Ole Stenman, Jakobstad, Finland