Re: [HCDX]: UNID 1206.6 = Iraq

Thomas Adam wrote:
> on Jan 18th I heard an UNID on 1206.6 kHz. 2053-2129 UTC Qur'an recitation.
> 2130 UTC: short hymn (unknown), then off. The signal peaked from direction
> Middle East. Although the signal was fair, I had problems to get a clear

I listened today (Jan 19) to this station at 1800UTC.  They gave a
relatively clear identification "... Iraq min Baghdad."  I am not sure of
the very first words but "Iraq" and "Baghdad" were clearly heard.
Antenna direction also indicated that the signal is coming from
Middle-East, not from Far East or North Africa.
My guess is that this is the 300 kW Nineva transmitter listed on 1206 kHz,
now with reduced power and on split frequency, possibly because of
the recent military events.

Jorma Mantyla
Kangasala, Finland
http://www.kaapeli.fi/~jmantyla/