Re: [HCDX]: Re: Beverages

I know you are in Germany but think you should be able to find a device with
a handle on it to wind the wire on.  I found one at a hardware store or
homebuilders supply or even an electrical supply.  It was rather
inexpensive.  Less than $10 US.  I have used as little as 100 ft and gotten
very good results.  Sometimes, wires too long detune and cause a lower
signal level.  You want to keep the wire about 5 feet above the ground and
if you have even 150 ft or I would guess 50 meters of wire, strung out, it
can be wound up on this hand crank device in much less time than it takes to
put the antenna up.  And yes, 50 meters is directional provided you have it
straight an not in a random layout.
Bob Montgomery