[HCDX]: Radio Minurca on low power

It has now been confirmed that Radio Minurca has been off the air on 9900
kHz since sometime in December. In an e-mail from David Smith received
today he says that the 20 kW Telefunken transmitter isnt working anymore.
They have no spares and it would cost more to repair and transport than it
would cost to buy a new compact unit. So they are currently looking around
for replacement equipment.

However Radio Minurca remains on the air on FM - and on a low power
transmitter operating:
	0600-1600 UTC:	9500 kHz
	1600-0600 UTC:	5900 kHz
Has this been heard by any DX'er ??? The power must be very low. I believe
that the 20 kW Telefunken never ran more than a maximum of a couple of
kW's.

The security council will decide in a couple of weeks if Minurca will be
extended until the end of the year.

Furthermore Mr. Smith says that the first dispacht of QSL cards were posted
yesterday.

I also understand that the Danish engineer from ST Broadcast Service is
back in Denmark. Since Christmas I think.

Best 73's

Stig Hartvig Nielsen,
Denmark.