[HCDX]: Beverage Termination

>I have been wondering what effect it would have if your Beverage
>terminated in the ocean...   or would I be better off cutting it and
>terminating it before the water ???

If you can terminate it properly in the ocean, that would be best.

When I DX from Cape Hatteras, NC, I usually choose the south
shore of the Cape where the beach runs at approximately 50
degrees.  If you look at a map, you will see that the Cape rounds off
at its tip then and runs at about 350 degrees.

At the very tip of the Cape, there is a small, shallow (< 2M deep)
inland salt lake. I have often thought of terminating a beverage in
that lake.  My terminator would consist of a 600 ohm resistor but
the "ground" would be a 3M length of copper water pipe with at least
2- 10M lengths of copper strap silver soldered or brazed to the water
pipe.

The idea would be to pound or simply work the pipe into the sandy
bottom of the pond then deploy the copper straps across the bottom
of the pond in a fan shape generally in the direction of the target
area.

That would work just fine.
Chuck Rippel
Cornland, VA (VA/NC State line 30KM Inland from coast)
SWBC DX'er since 1971

Reply to: wa4hhg@xxxxxxxxx
WJ HF-1000A, R390A/Sherwood SE-3, Harris RF-590, Collins HF-2050
www site: http://www.avslvb.com/R390A/index.html