Re: [HCDX]: Radio Shack "Magic Speaker" back in stock !

Re: [HCDX]: Radio Shack "Magic Speaker" back in stock !

I am presently evaluating both the X44AV, and the larger X55AV with the
5 inch woofer and 1 inch tweeter.  Both these units are on sale at
Radio Shack, and I plan to return one of them within their 30 day
return period.

Both these speakers are magnetically shielded, and can be used near
your TV set or computer monitor.  I believe the added weight compared
to the older PRO-7 that Chuck Rippel observed is due to this shielding.

My first impression is that the XV55AV is better suited to reproducing
music (particularly the bass) - not surprising since it has a 5 inch
woofer.

Either speaker is a nice improvement over the top firing, built-in
Drake R8B speaker.

73's

George Maroti