[HCDX]: Some thoughts, for HCDX

Risto:
I have no idea if you already published my long text. If not, perhaps
this one
would be less offensive as it also is shorter in length.
Henrik

Some thoughts on reporting techniques
Signboards at the entrances of the Spanish town of Palencia are said the
greet all visitors to their local fiesta excepting those who are coming
from Valladolid...
Now, instead of using allegorical terms, I shall probably have to use
some straightforward talking in order
to make myself understood. True, I have asked Hermod Pedersen to drop my
info related to Peru, Ecuador and Bolivia from the fqy lists on his
website. It is not a question of copyright, for readers of bulletins in
various countries do know that I have generously shared my info with
them. I have always accepted to have my material reprinted in bulletins
where I know that it will not be manipulated or unduly edited. It is
precisely on this score I am in disagreement with Hermod Pedersen.
Unfortunately, he does not seem to understand my point. This you can see
from his latest Internet posting, at http://www.nordicdx.com.
There you will find a story related to Peruvian R Manantial. The info is
credited to Jay Novello who heard the station but was unable to identify
it. This I did by checking the recording of the tentative "R
Panancial(?)" Novello sent me via Internet.
In his report, Novello gives me the credit for the station name, which
is something Pedersen completely ignores in his posting. (It is as if he
were from Palencia and me from Valladolid). OK, I can take that. It is,
however, more serious that Pedersen is overdoing the edit by committing
two mistakes, both of which are rather serious to come from a
professional journalist like him. Firstly, he unilaterally changes the
name of the station to R Mañantial (a non-existing Spanish word!) and,
secondly, he decides for himself that the station QTH Novello has
reported is no longer tentative but rather quite positive.
Henrik Klemetz