Re: [HCDX]: "X-Band" NDBs

> going through my NDB references I noticed that the following South
American
> "X-Band" NDBs are listed as active:

Nice list! Most of those are remotelocations or at least smaller
cities. I recall reading some years back that many remote Latin
American aero beacons are only on during (local) daylight hours.
Airports even in some sizable cities (e.g. Merida, Venezuela and
Cuenca, Ecuador) are not equipped for night landings and close at
dusk. Why they would turn off the beacon, I don't know, other than to
save electricity. Of course in some really remote areas the station
may be generator-powered.

==
Don Moore     mooredxer@xxxxxxxxx
   or<patepluma@xxxxxxxxxxxx>