[HCDX]: Hauser's SW/DX Report 99-09

        GLENN HAUSER'S SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-09, Feb 18, 1999

{Items from this and all out reports may be reproduced and re-
reproduced only provided full credit be maintained at all stages}

THIS WEEK ON WORLD OF RADIO 977: See topic summary at
http://www.angelfire.com/ok/worldofradio/Wor977.txt

WORLD OF RADIO ON RFPI: RFPI confirms that our times will remain
the same for the next quarter through May: Fri 1930, Sat 0330, 1130,
1800, Sun 0200, 1000, 2300, Mon 0700, Tue 1900, Wed 0300 - on some
of: 6975, 15049, 21460-USB.

MEXICO. Since Feb 10, Radio UNAM, XEYU on 9600, has begun testing; I
have heard it more or less from 1400 to 2300 daily. I've found out
that they are using 650 watts. I hear a strong carrier, but voices
are very low, retransmitting the signal of their MW 860 station. I
hope you can pick it up. Reports can be sent to Adolfo Prieto 133,
Colonia del Valle, 03100 Mexico DF, to Ing. Gustavo Carren~o, technical
department, but I don't know if they will  answer (Hector Garcia
Bojorge, Mexico DF, Feb 14 via Hauser)

I checked for this Feb 16-17: weak and wobbly carrier around 9600.2
is presumably this, blocked by Vatican in Vietnamese (!) until 2402*
when could still detect carrier, but never any audio, as late as
0545 (Glenn Hauser, OK)

SWITZERLAND. Hi Glenn. You are the first to receive word of a new show
starting Monday the 15th of February on SRI/World Radio Switzerland.

It's called Mid-Morning, and will be hosted by me Monday through Friday,
initially for three weeks a month. Michael Morris will take a turn
presenting it for one week a month.

Mid-Morning is two hours of live radio between 0900 and 1100 CET, and
will feature world and Swiss news, business reports from our Zurich
office, the UN and Geneva scene, reports on Switzerland and Swiss
culture and lifestyle, and special one-on-one chats with interesting
people. The style is relaxed and spontaneous.

Mid-Morning will only be available in Europe via SRI's Astra satellite
channel, and locally within Switzerland over cable networks in most of
the major cities. There are plans, however, for the last 30 minutes of
the program to be repackaged for shortwave as that day's Rendezvous,
probably beginning in March.

Comments and suggestions will be welcome via email and voice mail.
Details to be announced.  Thanks and best 73, (Bob Zanotti, SRI, Feb 11,
REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING and WORLD OF RADIO 977)

U S A. Subject: Spectrum starts on 02-14-99 on WWCR at 02:00 utc
Hello Glenn... I caught an ad during the Mike Jarmus Show on WWCR 03:00
utc Monday that Mark and Stan will bring back Spectrum.  The Omega
radio network stated Spectrum will start on Sunday night at 9:00 et
02:00 utc 02-14-99 on WWCR 5070. I couldn't get the info to you earlier
because I had taped the show and heard it on Wednesday.
(Alex Draper  (VE3AHD)   Orillia, Ontario, Canada, Feb 13, WORLD OF
RADIO 977)

UT Monday Feb 15 at 0200, which I assume is the time actually meant,
there was USA net news, and at 0205 America's Greatest Heroes, an Omega
(?) filler. BTW--non-Christian heroes need not apply, hi. I suppose this
hour bears watching in the next few weeks, in case Spectrum actually
come
back (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 977)                        ###