SV: [HCDX]: Re: Noise from power lines

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Mauno Ritola <ritola@xxxxxxxxxx>
Till: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Datum: den 21 februari 1999 02:01
Ämne: Re: [HCDX]: Re: Noise from power lines

>At 10.52 19.2.1999 -0500, you wrote:
>>re: I live about 400 meters from two 400 kV power supply lines
>
>>If the Power Company folks say all is in order,  than I would suggest ,
>>perhaps phasing two antennas to put a null in the direction of the power
>>lines (MFJ has a box for this), or perhaps use low frequency loop antennas
>>(major nulling antennas) of which they're are plenty of do-it-yourself
>>projects out there for you to try.
>
>Wellbrook in England manufactures another phaser, APU100. But I doubt if
>it'll work because the noise is not coming from one certain direction. And
>it must more or less the same with a loop. Wellbrook sells K9AY's, too.
>Maybe it is worth trying...
>
>But you mentioned that the noise has got stronger during the last few
>years. I heard this also from a friend of mine. He told me that it's
>because there is some flow of information connected to powerlines nowadays.
>Does someone know more about this?

That would be PLT which stands for Power Line Telecommunications, digital highspeed datatrasmissions on existing copper wires which will affect all SWL's and radio amateurs in the near future. According to swedish amateur magazine QTC it's an article about this in Radcom 1998 december.
Fredrik Dourén, Borlaenge, Sweden