Re: [HCDX]: Espoo DXers

At 07.50 24.2.1999 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi all, not only from Espoo -
>
>can anybody tell me why is there so many excellent DXers in Espoo (Finland,
>near Helsinki).
>There are experts SW DXers, MW DXers, FM/TV-DXers and even a number of
>"universal" DXers.
>I often read their names in various bulletins and mailists.
>What is so special with Espoo? Or is it only the name of the town, easy to
>remember? (I do not think so). Can anybody describe a possible history of
>DXing in Espoo?
>
>Thanks + GOOD DX,
>
>Karel Honzik
>the Czech Republic,
>in the heart of Europe
>*************************

Hello Karel,

I can't say what is the reason for that, but maybe we like so much eachother :-)
Espoo has been my QTH almost 20 years, I came here from Siilinjärvi. In 70's
Siilinjärvi was almost like Espoo is now. Hannu Tikkanen lived in
Siilinjärvi also at that time and now in Espoo, of course.

Espoo is very strongly increasing beside of Helsinki and many big companies
are operating in Espoo.This place is also more wide than Helsinki, which is
"big city" in Finland. Espoo is more like countryside and many people like
to live here. There are many reasons, why people are coming to live here,
but the reasons for DXing - I don't know.

I started my DXing in 1965.

Regards and happy DXing,

Esa Hänninen from Espoo
73' EJH