Re: [HCDX]: Radio Tanpa

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Bob Foxworth wrote:

> 	[Bob Foxworth]
> 	Is this not Radio Tanpa  ... tango-alpha-november-papa-alpha?
> The village of taMpa
> 	is in Florida, USA  Or is my memory playing tricks on
> me...Haven't bought a WRTVH in
> 	years and none available to doublecheck

No, it is not "Tanpa."  On their own QSLs, it says "Radio Tampa," as I
have seen myself. And the "Tampa" spelling has nothing to do with the
Florida city, but is a Japanese word.

It has been under this spelling in both WRTH and Passport for the past few
years; the two books used to use different spellings, but WRTH changed
to the "Tampa" spelling a few years ago, so now both books use the same
one.

I believe that both books also mention "NSB", for "Nihon Shortwave
Broadcasting."

Marie Lamb