[HCDX]: qso and 13 mtr log

Possibly a bit off topic but I thought I'd share this...

Yesterday afternoon about 2130 UT I had a short SSB contact with Keith
HC2JE of Quito, Ecuador while mobile with 10 watts in the fifteen meter
band.

When I asked him if he was involved with the SW station of International
fame he said yes.
It was kind of neat talking to an engineer / celebrity of sorts.
He was running 500 watts to a beam and actually  was 10 db stronger than
HCJB on 21.455 at the same time,
I was told HCJB runs 1.5 kw transmitter beamed towards Australia at this
time.

At the end of the QSO many other US hams were lined up to talk to HC2JE.

I am also creating a table of 13 meter stations heard in the North East
over the past few months.
This band a year ago was pretty quiet but is now filling up quickly.

If interested, shoot me a line.

Jerry KC2UT
Syracuse, NY