[HCDX]: Much More Man - 279 (how much?) (power, that is...)

[HCDX]: Much More Man - 279 (how much?) (power, that is...)

	I wrote in V4 #925 about Isle of Man - 279

>  Is this the anti-skywave antenna? How will it affect DX
> >reception? What is the proposed power? Maybe at or less, than 100
> kW?.
> >Is the coverage area projected to be just the British Isles and not
> >international? Directional? This may turn out to be an exotic catch
> in
> >NAm. although a nuisance to LW DXers in Manchester, etc...
> ------------------------------
>
> 100kw is a bit low for the Long wave band but sure will be an
> interesting
> catch if heard at all here in N. America.  I had thought I read
> somewhere
> last year when all of it started it was to be a 500 kw site.  100 kw
> will
> make it a real challenge!
> Bob Montgomery

	[Bob Foxworth]  I must stress that there is nothing "cast in
stone" about 100 kW, I was merely supposing that if the target audience
is local, lower power will be needed. However if they run an
"international service" then more power is called for, and I guessed
that ~100 kW might be a possibility in the first case, as I bet
electricity is not cheap on IOM - I really don't know what it will be
...sure hope I do  _not_  read somewhere that this figure is being
reported as the real power of this outlet, and that it came from me!!!