Re: [HCDX]: Mysterious UK station on 1350 kHz

Re: [HCDX]: Mysterious UK station on 1350 kHz

> In the night between 1st and 2nd April I found something interesting on
1350 kHz. A weak station that broadcast Independent Radio News followed by
an ID which sounded in my own ears like: "THIS IS JAZZ FM". Can anyone from
the UK verify what I have heard or does anyone have more information on this
station? It may be possible that this Jazz FM is just a relay broadcast
overnight and station's actual name is something else.

This is definitely Sunshine Radio broadcasting from Aintree Hospital
Liverpool. It is a new RSL running a power of 1 watt. At the moment they are
running test transmissions. Sometimes there will be just a carrier,  at
other times there will be programmes and they use Jazz FM as an overnight
sustaining service.

Cheers John............