From: Vesa-Jussi Rinkinen [mailto:vesa-jussi.rinkinen@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 06 April 1999 18:22
To: HCDX
Subject: [HCDX]: Mysterious UK station on 1350 kHz

Hello list!
I just returned to home from the traditional Eastern dx pedition. I was
monitoring mainly to European MW band near Uusikaupunki on the west coast of
Finland. Cx to UK was absolutely better than usually as far as signal levels
are concerned.
In the night between 1st and 2nd April I found something interesting on 1350
kHz. A weak station that broadcast Independent Radio News followed by an ID
which sounded in my own ears like: "THIS IS JAZZ FM". Can anyone from the UK
verify what I have heard or does anyone have more information on this
station? It may be possible that this Jazz FM is just a relay broadcast
overnight and station's actual name is something else.

Receiver: JRC NRD-525
Antenna: 550 meters beverage beamed to South England

73's Vesa-Jussi Rinkinen
Jarvenpaa
Finland