Re: [HCDX]: RFO Tahiti

Walter - the (now apparently switched off) RFO Papeete transmitter came
from  New Caledonia where it was used by the former RFO Noumea before it
went off shortwave for good around 1990. I think it was rated 20 kW, and
probably was the transmitter that used to put a great RFO Noumea signal
into eastern North America on 7170 kHz. Tahiti might have been running
at less than rated power, although I'd bet that while they were on they
were running at least 10 kW.
It is obvious, even from ECNA, that they are now off-air "as advertised"
although one can always hope for a change of heart by the local
authorities...yet I'm afraid that's wishful thinking!

73 - Dave