RE: [HCDX]: Voice of the Mediterranean on strange freq.

RE: [HCDX]: Voice of the Mediterranean on strange freq.

Tom,

> Further to the information below, I checked 12160 at 19 UT (13 April).
> Very nice signal in English from the VoM. About 50 km from the coast,
> I'm using an HF-150 with a variety of external antennas. I also listened
> to 11410, and this was occuped by a digital (utility) signal.
> Tom Sundstrom

Thanks for your reply.  I re-checked the frequencies today at 2015 UTC
(Arabic programming at that time).  Heavy signal on 12060 about s9+10.  VOM
was still present on 11410 kHz at about S7 level.  I can hear it on both my
AOR AR7030 and on my Sony ICF 2001D.  On the Sony it is however much much
weaker. Can somebody else in Europe try to detect that frequency.  And has
somebody an explanation why I am hearing VOM there ?

Guido.