[HCDX]: News from Marconi Radio International (Italy).

[HCDX]: News from Marconi Radio International (Italy).

Here is a press release from Marconi Radio International which recently
returned to the air.

Antonello Napolitano
Editor of DX Fanzine

Our web address: fly.yo/gadm

PRESS RELEASE Nr. 1 from Marconi Radio International

Dear DX Editor,

Marconi Radio International (MRI) returned to the air after a 5-year
absence on February 21, 1999 from a new transmitter site.

We are a small Italian free radio which went on the air for the first time
on January 4, 1986.

Our aim is to be a radio for DXers. Our DX programme in English  can be
heard at 07.45 UTC (approx)  with repeat at 08.30 UTC (approx). Each
edition is followed by a longer Italian version.

However MRI will play its part as an active member of the
Community broadcasting, by fighting all forms of discrimination, defending
fundamental human rights. promoting the spirit of peace and solidarity and
a multi-ethnical society.

Currently we are broadcasting on Sundays from 07.00 to 09.15 UTC (approx)
in English and Italian. Our frequency is 11390 kHz, and power in the region
of 30 watts.

We hope to extend the duration of our programme in the near future and also
to increase power.

However as we are still testing, times of transmission are liable to change
without notice.

MRI welcomes letters and reception reports from listeners but they must be
accompanied by one International Reply Coupon, US$ 1 or Lire 1000 if a
verification is required.
We QSL 100%. Our address is: Via Umbria 1, 74100 Taranto, ITALY.

Until now reception reports have been received from listeners in Italy,
Finland, France, Germany, the Czech Republic Russia, Spain and Sweden.

Further information about our station may be ascertained
from our web site at this address:

www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Show/1111/index.html

Our E-mail address is: mrisw@xxxxxxxxxxx

We hope that you will share this information with your members. Thank you
very much for your cooperation.