Re: [HCDX]: Talk Radio 1089

On Sun, 25 Apr 1999 22:50:04 +0300 Per-Ole Stenman
<per-ole.stenman@xxxxxxxx> writes:
>I heard some strange signals from this station and frequency on
>24.4.99 -
>just as they were testing possibilities to broadcast regional
>commercials.
>
>24.4.99 at 19.14 UTC When station went into commercial there were
>suddenly
>two stations here for 10 seconds broadcasting different matters. Then
>followed about 15 seconds with strong echo, and after this when the
>normal
>program continued everything was OK.
>
>At 19.25 UTC, the same thing happened here with echo for some 15
>seconds
>and then it was OK again.
>
>At 20.12 UTC also here two signals together, then strong echo and then
>OK.
>
>I checked with the second receiver, 1053 and everything was OK there.
>
>Has everyone else experienced this from Talk Radio 1089?
>
>Per-Ole Stenman, Jakobstad, Finland

Sounds to me like there was a problem with their automation system.  It's
common in Europe, and not very common in the U.S. for stations to set up
their own ad-hoc network, and during commercial breaks, the various
stations play their own audio.  Apparently when the station you mentioned
started their own break ("stop set" is the industry term) the audio from
the main station did not shut off.  Thus, two things on the air at the
same time.

Glen Kippel