Re: [HCDX]: More UNIDS. Please help!

> UNID
> 5030, UNID, May 05, 1134-1144
> Woman speaking in unknown language, music jingle,

Because you mentioned a time check in English, I would bet
Radio Malaysia Sarawak on 5030. When I lived in Honduras in
1982-84, the months of May to July were the best months for
tropical band propagation from Indonesia, Malaysia, &
neighboring countries. Of course, that was a long time ago,

;-), but back then 5030 Sarawak was one of the best heard
frequencies from the region for me. I remember it was in
daily and I used it as a "propagation beacon" - the
stronger it was the better the conditions to that region.
During the next few months, you might want to go after the
Indonesians, too.

The Southeast Asians come in much better in Honduras during
May - July than they do at any time of year in eastern or
central USA. Most of my Indonesian QSLs are from when I
lived in Honduras, as is my Sarawak QSL. Of course, I think
the fact that the stations were receiving a letter from
Honduras (very unusual!) and not another one from the USA,
or Europe also helped me get replies!

> UNID
> 5955, UNID, May 06, 0516-0521
> Man talking in Dutch (or resembles Dutch),

PWBR 1999 lists Radio Netherlands on this frequency for the
summer period. It doesn't note the language, so it is
something other than the common ones (Eng, Sp, French,
etc), so could be in Dutch.

===
Don Moore     mooredxer@xxxxxxxxx
Radio: http://www.swl.net/patepluma