Re: [HCDX]: UNID stn on 10 MHz

Chris Mackerell wrote:
>  Not a Hard-Core-Dx, but here in Sao Paulo-Brazil, there are several
> illegal users (I suppose), using those nearby frequencies USB or LSB from
> the 10 MHz, they are present from 9:00 to 21:00 UT, sending from nearby
> countries in South America. Severely disturbing WWV even the Argentine
> time station is disturb, so intense reception of those "pirate?"

Perhaps this explains what I heard from here in New Zealand on 10MHz
during Easter this year.

I've put a couple of RealAudio recordings of the mess I heard on 10 MHz onto
my web site at:

http://www.owdjim.gen.nz/chris/radio/DXSoundBites/10MHz.ram......

I listen your record and there is no doubt on it. This are our SAmerican pirates operators. They always call "Hola, hola (name of the city calling or searching for)". The music is from someone that push the mic on a local station. In your record i think this operator is located in north or central east SAm. for the kind of music played.

Salu2

Felipe
www.cmet.net/pocuro