[HCDX]: R Disney ID ---yes!!

> Well I went out just now and listened on the car radio to our local Disney
> affiliate, around 1245 EDT they were playing a stretch of rock songs from
> the 60's such as Lesley Gore, Contours, there was a Radio Disney 1380
> non-ID
> between two songs, which is interesting as it sounded like a "net" feed
> with
> a quick "local" break, at 1256 "we'll be right back" -  which really did
> sound like a break in the "net" feed  - and into several segued 30-sec
> bits
> for contests etc, around 1258 they did give a full legal ID with call and
> location, voiced by a child. I am starting to wonder how much of their
> programming is a "net" feed and how much is locally done, and what cuing
> system they have to drop in local non- IDs ("Radio Disney 1380") in parts
> that
> sound like "net" feed. Or maybe everything originates locally from tapes?
> That doesn't make sense because of the support overhead. If a mainstay of
> their programming is music, I wonder also how they'll make out, in the
> ratings against FM stations, being on AM with it's inherently worse audio
> quality.
>
> Okay, I've finished MY listening duty!!  Who's next?

PS -  Also, when we speak of an ID...this is an example of ID we are looking
for: "This is Radio Disney, 1380, WWMI St. Petersburg, Tampa, Florida"
basically the ID I did hear earlier today.  A statement like "Radio Disney,
1580, we've got our ears on for you" is NOT an ID which satisfies the
requirements of the FCC once per hour. Such non-IDs can indeed be heard at
various times, such as :22 past the hour. What good will that be for DXers
when there are two such formats on the same frequency.

Also - just because MY local DID use that style ID, does not mean
necessarily that any others do. But I have no reason to believe the others
are any different.