[HCDX]: TFW 90 2/2

THE FOUR WINDS ON LINE  - Copyright   Part  2
Year   4  Number  90  - Rome, 21 June  1999

2248- 9655- CHINA PR.- CPBS-1 2248 New freq with man and woman in
Chinese // 10260. Fair, choppy. (Hill, USA June 8)

2312- 4895- BRAZIL-Radio IPBM, Campo Grande, MS, 23:12-23:23. Evangelic
programme. Long commentary by the speaker.  2.4.4.3.2  (Slaen, Argentina
june 8)

2325- 4760- INDIA- AIR, Port Blair, Andaman Is. *2325 Ending "Song of
India" and s/on with "Vande Mataram" and announcements;  into droning
instrumental featuring tabla and tanpura. Pips at 2330 and followed with
presumed news relay in unknown language, then  seemed English from 2335
with numerous references to Pakistan. Weak amid horrendous static. (Hill
USA June 11)

2325- 4915- BRAZIL- Radio Cbn Anhanguera, Goiania, Goias, 23:25-23:30.
News programme. Commentary about the Mercosur.  3.4.4.3.3 (Slaen,
Argentina june 8)

2335- 4985- BRAZIL-Radio Brasil Central, Goiania, Goias (Tentative).
23:35-23:42. Annopuncement by the speaker. Brasilean romantic music.
2.4.4.3.2 (Slaen, Argentina june 8)

2345- 5035- BRAZIL-Radio Aparecida, Aparecida, SP. 23:45-23:50.
Religious programme of "Iglesia Pentecostal Dios es  Amor". 4.4.4.4.4
(Slaen, Argentina june 8)

2350- 4815- BRAZIL-Radio Difusora, Londrina, PR, 23:50-00:00 . Music
programme. Instrumental songs. Announcement by the  speaker.
Identification. 4.4.4.4.4 (Slaen, Argentina june 8)

-----------------
QSL s
-----------------

ANTARCTICA- I received a nice full-data, signed QSL card and form letter
from LRA36. The cover even had penguin stamps and a station cachet
postmark. The schedule is listed as M-F 1800-2100 UT, Sa/Su 1700-1900
UT. However, yesterday (Sunday 6/6) I tuned by  and found them up at
2215 with a soccer game relay (same one being carried by RAE-15345),
announcements and ID at 2220, then open carrier to 2236 off. This is a
good reason to check for extended ops on weekends. (John Cobb, GA, WORLD
OF RADIO 992 / GH Shortwave/DX Report 99-25, June 10)

ARGENTINA- Actualidad DX - RAE on 15345, QSL, beautiful pennant in 161
days, sent E-mail F/up, V/s G.I.Barrera, original rpt woth tape cassette
C 10 + 1 IRC. (R.Scaglione, Italy / Play DX # 1028, 6 June 99)

ARGENTINA- RAE Radiodifusion Argentina al Exterior & LRA1 Radio Nacional
Buenos Aires, are broadcasting all Tuesdays (local  time), at 2300-0100
(0100 Wed) up to the end of this year, the 'Ciclo de Recitales en Vivo',
that is to say Life Recital's Cycle with only  folkore music 'in life'
from different argentine singers. At this time, you will hear the LRA1
through the RAE frequencies of 15345,  11710 & 9690 khz, in // to 870
khz MW & 99.1 Mhz Folklorica FM of Radio Nacional and its LRA network
fqs. (Gabriel Ivan Barrera, Argentina)

AUSTRALIA- R.Australia on 9500, QSL, schedules, stickers in 46 days
(M.Cornachioni, Argentina / Conexion GRP, Argentina / Play DX # 1028, 6
June 99)

BELGIUM- RTBF on 21540, QSL, schedules, new stickers, in 19 / 20 days
 A.Slaen & M Cornachioni, Conexion 124, Argentina / Play DX # 1028, 6
June 99)

BOLIVIA- R. Centenario la Nueva on 4855, letter, stickers, QSL in 24
days ( M.Cornachioni / Conexion 124, Argentina / Play DX # 1028, 6 June
99)

BRAZIL- R.Transmundial via R. Nova Visao on 5965, F/d card, newsletter,
schedules in 105 days. ( V.Korinek, South Africa / Play DX # 1028, 6
June 99)

CHILE- R.Voz Cristiana on 9635, QSL, schedules in 99 days, rpt to: AP
2889, Miami, FL, 33144, USA. ( H.B.Oguich, Argentina / Conexion 124,
March 1999, Argentina / Play DX # 1028, 6 June 99)

CLANDESTINE- Voice of Palestinian Islamic Revolution on 7190, reply by
E-mail QSL F/d in 300 days.  E-mail: < cimon73@xxxxxxxxxxx >. Rpt to
IRIB, Tehran, then they passed it to VOPIR ( V.Korinek, South Africa /
Play DX # 1028, 6 June 99)

COLOMBIA- R.Difusora Nacional de Colombia on 4955, QSL, boolet pgm
schedule in 42 days. ( M.Cornachioni / Conexion 124, Argentina / Play DX
# 1028, 6 June 99)

CUBA- R.Habana on 11875, QSL, postcard, political magazine in 139 days.
(H.B.Oguich, Argentina / Conexion 124, March 1999, Argentina / Play DX #
1028, 6 June 99)

ECUADOR- R.Quito, La Voz de la Capital, on 4920, QSL, sticker in 36 days
for 1 USD & Italian radios stickers. S.Micciche, Italy / Play DX # 1028,
6 June 99)

ETHIOPIA- R.Ethiopia on 7165, p/d card, V/s Miss Woinshet Woldeyes, in
55 days for 1 USD. ( Kurzwellenfreunde Sachsen, DX News, march 99 / Play
DX # 1028, 6 June 99)

GERMANY- Sudwestfunk on 7265, QSl, schedules, stickers in 17 days.
(M.Cornachioni / Conexion 124, Argentina / Play DX # 1028, 6 June 99)

GUATEMALA- R.Buenas Nuevas, QSL, newsletter in 43 days for 1 Marconi
banknote of 2000 Lire + Italian radios stickers & postcard. (S.Micciche,
Italy / Play DX # 1028, 6 June 99)

HONDURAS- R.Luz y Vida on 3250, QSL card, V/s Chris Lleck,  in 60 days
for Italian radios stickers. (G.Bellabarba, Italy / Play DX # 1028, 6
June 99)

ITALY- V.o.Mediterranean via RAI tx  on 9660, QSL F/d in 300 days, QTH:
P.O.Box 143, Valletta, CMR 01, Malta (V.Korinek, South Africa / Play DX
# 1028, 6 June 99)

KOREA, NORTH- KCBS on 2850, QSL. (C.A.Pivatto, Argentina / Conexion GRP
124, Argentina / Play DX # 1028, 6 June 99)

LEBANON-11530 KHz High Adventure Radio, The Voice of Hope, Marjayoun, (6
kw) ,QSL-l full data, sent report to Chipre address  nd the station
reply va Israel according to the radio station this is the address:
P.O.Box 77, Metulla, Israel via e-mail <radio98@xxxxxxxxxxx> 9 days for
2 IRC (Eramo, Argentina)

MAURITANIA- R.Mauritania on 4845, QSL card reported Jan 99 ! in French,
sent 1 USD + booklet abt Finland, sent in a registered letter to: Mr.
Abdallahi Ould Moha Medou, gen.dir of radio mauritania (as written in
WRTH 99). (M.Ritola /Hard ore Dx, Finland Africa / Play DX # 1028, 6
June 99)

NIGER- 5020 KHz, La Voix du Sahel, Niamey, QSL-c full data to report in
French in 37 days for 2 IRC (Eramo, Argentina)

NIGERIA- FRCN on 4770, letter, V/s Eng. R. B. Jimoh, ass. dir. technical
services studios & links & O.B. ( S.M.Kolesov, Ukraine Africa / Play DX
# 1028, 6 June 99)

NORWAY- R.Denmark via R. Norway on 9945, QSL, schedules in 34 days.
 M.Cornachioni, Argentina / Conexion 124 March 1999, Argentina Africa /
Play DX # 1028, 6 June 99)

NORWAY- NRK Radio Norway Int. on 15220, QSL, schedules in 22 days.
 H.B.Oguich, Argentina / Conexion 124 March 1999, Argentina Africa /
Play DX # 1028, 6 June 99)

RUSSIA- V.o.Mediterranean via Russia on 12060, QSL, sticker, brochure in
90 days. ( J.L.Aloy, Argentina, Conexion GRP 124, Argentina / Play DX #
1028, 6 June 99)

SAUDI ARABIA - BSKSA on 9555, QSL, schedules in 121 & 154 days ( A.Slaen
& M.Cornachioni, Argentina / Conexion 124 GRP, March 1999, Argentina /
Play DX # 1028, 6 June 99)

SYRIA - 12085 kHz Radio Damascus, f/d QSL card, 2 stickers and tourist
info, received by registered mail for a report to Spanish  program, in
1305 days, no f/up. (Morandotti, Italy)

-----------------------
GLEANINGS
-----------------------

ANTARCTICA- 15476 khz, LRA36 Radio Nacional Arcangel San Gabriel, is
broadcasting currently Mon's to Sat's at 1800-2030 hs,  and on Sun's is
relaying soccer events in conection with LRA1 Radio Nacional Buenos
Aires, with its own ID's during the half way. A  good opportunity for
tune the frequency during the expanded transmissions on Sun's -night
local time-. On the other hand, at the end June will depart other lot of
QSLs to the DXers & SWL's. (Gabriel Ivan Barrera, Argentina)

COSTA RICA- Notes from RFPI Mailbag June 11 with Joe Bernard and James
Latham: internet problems continue; can't keep online for  more than 15
minutes at a time, preventing uploading of audio files to site, but two
of the new Progressive News shows are there. Starting next week, besides
2200, PNN will be repeated at 0130 Tue-Sat. As Universidad de la Paz
grows, it is expected that they will have new  high-speed internet
access by end of year. [Presumably this also explains delays in
downloading WOR 992.] 21460 has been off for a  week or more; not
believed a serious problem, but haven't had time to work on it. The
other frequencies are working well. FM 101.3 is  running at full power
covering the Central Valley. Sorry, VISTA is late, still working on
getting it out. RFPI E-mail weekly previews not received lately (Glenn
Hauser, REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING / GH  SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT
99-26, June 27)

COSTA RICA- RFPI has two new volunteers who will be here for a year;
along with IPC students they have started the Progressive  News show.
The new VISTA will be out in a couple weeks but the new quarter sked is
already on the website, which includes more and  more audio of
RFPI-produced programs including the News uploaded by 2300 weekdays <
http://www.rfpi.org/webcast.html >(RPFI Mailbag June 5 via Hauser / GH
Shortwave/DX Report 99-25, June 10)

ETHIOPIA- [non]. BBCM reported that Voice of Oromo Liberation audio is
available on their website, but there was a typo. Correct URL is: <
http://www.visafric.com/Dimtsi_hafash.htm >(Glenn Hauser, REVIEW OF
INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING/ GH SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-26, June 27)

JAPAN- R. Japan's so-called NAm service relay via Canada on 6120 at 1100
is useless here, as checked June 7, weak and buried in  Chinese
interference; but 15590, site? which I heard first with 1105 news of
crested ibis press appearance is quite good, tho for  elsewhere. 1110,
news headlines quoted from other Asian stations, Asian Top News, i.e.
RKI, VOV, CRI, R. Malaysia, SLBC, RCS,  Radio MCOT -- The Mass
Communication Organization of Thailand [what's this -- same as R.
Thailand?]. 6120 a satellite delay behind.  BTW, this Japanese announcer
like so many everywhere converts Sri as in Lanka almost into Sir, in
apparent difficulty pronouncing the combination Shree -- but what's
difficult about it? There are already English words with this cluster,
such as shriek, Shreveport (GlennHauser, OK / GH Shortwave/DX Report
99-25, June 10)

KOSOVA- [non]. As from Friday 11th June, a Radio Netherlands transmitter
in Flevo is carrying two hours of programming from Radio  21, the exiled
Albanian- language station from Pristina, capital of Kosovo. The
transmissions are arranged in cooperation with Press  Now, an
organization set up to support the independent media in the former
Yugoslavia. The transmitter will be on the air at 1827-2025  UTC on
9495kHz beamed to Eastern Europe. Radio Netherlands is *not* responsible
for the content of these programmes and QSLs are not available. In
Albanian except for English news around 2015 (Andy Sennitt, sw programs,
std disclaimer, WORLD OF RADIO 993/ GH  SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-26, June
27)

MEXICO- XERMX April-October 1999 program schedule on .to website unseems
textavailable, so whilst waiting for some slow E-mail  to download I
jotted down all the times I could spot for their media programmes; hope
I have got all the UT days correct; on 9705, and Hans Johnson says 5985
is back; I have no idea which airings of the week are actually the
first: Radio Correo del Aire: Sat 0100, 1300,  Sun 1800, Thu 0100.
Estacion DX: Sat 2000, Sun 1200, Mon  0200, Thu 0200. Mail Box: Wed
0400, 1500, Sat 0400, Sun 1500. DXperience: Sun 0300, 2300, Tue 1300,
Thu 1500 (Glenn Hauser,  June 5, WORLD OF RADIO 992 / GH Shortwave/DX
Report 99-25, June 10)

NEW ZEALAND- [non]. Whilst enjoying RNZI's classical music on Cadenza,
UT Tue June 15 at 0126 on 17675, despite -- not because of -- the
rolling fades some diehard SWLs say add to the experience --, a far
greater problem appeared out of nowhere - Dr Gene Scott; then by 0127 R.
Nederland's ID signal joined him to mess with RNZI. This was on the
Yachtboy 400, which was connected to external outdoor antenna, but not
overloaded until this moment -- unplugged it in favor of indoor reel-out
antenna, and still the mix tho somewhat lessened. Only by going to the
whip alone did it disappear, but RNZI's signal level also dropped too
much. This was doubtless mixing  produced within the receiver, and I
soon figured out the unwitting culprits: RN which had just opened Dutch
on 11865 from Bonaire; and KAIJ 5810 Dallas, which when summed, equal
17675. Oh, for valve receivers! (Glenn Hauser, REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL
BROADCASTING/ GH  SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-26, June 27)

NEW ZEALAND- RNZI started to air "Eureka!" at UT 0704 on 11905. The
host, who had an American accent, seemed to call it  "Zeureka". After a
lineup of the program items, it was time for the freq change to 9700. At
0706, 9700 started up with "Cadenza", with  music by English composers.
RNZI must have waited until the freq shift to change the network feed.
(Ivan Grishin, Ont., June 7,  REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING / GH
Shortwave/DX Report 99-25, June 10)

NIGERIA- Following the BBCM report from Nigeria Media Monitor that V. of
Nigeria had been off the air since May 30 as of June 14, we checked 7255
UT June 17: 0445 tune in, fair signal in Arabic, presumably VOA which
inexplicably has been using VON's main  external service frequency.
*0448 stronger carrier with continuous noise, no doubt taking feed from
an open FM STL circuit; 0452 quiet  and then tone; 0457 talking drums,
mention of "Nigeria", ID in Swahili; 0458 pallid undermodulated anthem;
0459 VON ID in English  by woman and someone turns up the volume level;
mentions 15120 (unheard), program summary, 6 am timecheck, 0501 music
opening  women's program, couldn't catch the title, introduced by a man.
Generally several notches above VOA co-channel (Glenn Hauser, OK/ GH
SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-26, June 27)

NIGERIA - [non]. The SENTECH schedule you published last week showed
6205 and 11560 1900-2000 from the WRN studios as  deleted. These are the
Radio Kurdirat freq. However the stn is still on the air, noted again
5th June with good signals on both freqs. (Mike Barraclough-UK, Jun 5,
BC-DX, WORLD OF RADIO 992 / GH Shortwave/DX Report 99-25, June 10)

PAPUA NEW GUINEA- Has domestic SW service extended hours? I used to hear
national anthem, then sign-off at 1200 on 4890 Port  Moresby. But right
now June 10 at 1329 I am hearing lovely local music at 1329 (Brian
Gilbert, Roseburg OR, WORLD OF RADIO  993/ GH  SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT
99-26, June 27) --- I saw a BBCM report in May that NBC was expanding
hours more in the daytime or to 24 hours (Glenn Hauser, ibid. / GH
SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-26, June 27)

PERU- Spanish language station I have been hearing for the last 3
evenings on 6955.5 khz am +/-. The first reception was on Jun 13 at
0319-0402. Also heard Jun 14 and Jun 15 in the 0200-0300 hour as well.
Format is similar to those Spanish stations heard in the tropical bands.
Lots of local music and fast speed local language announcers. Although
the signals here have ranged from poor to good I have not been able to
copy this station's ID. I do not think it is a pirate transmission
though it is around the area of the popular pirate frequency  6955.
(Paul Demsky, Maine, WORLD OF RADIO 993/ GH  SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-26,
June 27)

PERU- 6955.5kHz 0430z R dif Paraton, Huarmaca, now here ex-6676 etc...
heard with chicha mx and frequent t/cs, using novel hour  format i.e
"faltan seis minutos a cero cero horas...". Poor modulation on live
annc, much better on full id at 0501 after Andean flute  intro... hrd
past 0530. Thanks to Peter Grenfell who alerted me after chasing pirates
(as usual...). (Paul Ormandy, Oamaru, New Zealand, hard-core-dx, WORLD
OF RADIO 993/ GH  SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-26, June 27)

SWEDEN- Greetings, Glenn. Just returned from a week in Italy and saw the
news about the death of Arne Skoog. This is sadly ironic,  because just
two days before that, I had a ham radio contact with a station in
Stockholm. The operator also used to work for Radio  Sweden, and knew
Arne, as I did. We brought up the subject, and both wondered how he was
doing.  Arne was a radio amateur in  addition to being a pioneer DXer.
In fact, he was a founder of the Radio Sweden ham station, which is
still in operation. His other hobby was completely non-radio-related:
building and playing violins, a key instrument in traditional Swedish
folk music. I had the privilege of working with Arne when I presented
Sweden Calling DXers for just under two years back in the '66 - '67.
Arne was a quiet, very  raditionally-minded man, who appreciated and
lived simple values. His support for shortwave as the classic and vital
medium for  international broadcasting will surely prove to be
far-sighted. Arne did his own thinking, and did not allow himself to be
distracted or beguiled by buzzwords and fads. We could use a few more
people like that. He will be well remembered in our 'logbook'.  Respects
to a 'silent key'. (Bob Zanotti, with Bob Thomann, REVIEW OF
INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING/ GH  SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-26, June 27)

SWEDEN- Subject: Arne Skoog is gone. Radio Sweden is sorry to tell the
DX community that Arne Skoog, the founder of Sweden  Calling DXers, and
a key figure in the founding of the Swedish DX Federation and the
European DX Council, passed away on Monday June 7. Arne was 86. The June
15 edition of MediaScan (the successor to Sweden Calling DXers) will be
a tribute to Arne Skoog. (George Wood, R. Sweden, June 9, WORLD OF RADIO
992) --- This is very sad; his was the first DX bulletin I recall being
involved in back in the late 50s, early 60s (Glenn Hauser / GH
Shortwave/DX Report 99-25, June 10)

UKRAINE- I heard RUI in English on their new freq of 9560 June 10,
0000-0058, but reception was poor, about equal strength to 5905.  Things
did get slightly better by the end of the hour, but still not that
great. The other freqency listed for this hour, 9945, was in Ukrainian
and was better than 9560, actually becoming fairly good beyond 0100.
Some nice Ukrainian music from RUI on 9945 during the 0000- 0200 period.
Broadcast is in Ukrainian. (Ivan Grishin, Ont., June 11, REVIEW OF
INTERNATIONAL BROADCASTING/ GH  SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-26, June 27)

UKRAINE- Most evenings since May 27 I have been hearing Radio Ukraine
International on 17715 kHz at 21:00 in English, signal weak but in the
clear, probably beamed east, so could possibly be audible in western NA.
I can't believe no one has heard this, but so far I haven't heard any
other reports of it. (Peter Hallam, Northern Ireland, WORLD OF RADIO
993/ GH  SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-26, June 27/ GH  SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT
99-26, June 27)

UKRAINE- On June 14, RUI was heard in English UT 2100-2200 on 9560 with
a readable signal. // 17715 was extremely poor. The only listed freq for
RUI's 0300 broadcast, 9620, was covered by Spain. (Ivan Grishin, Ont.,
WORLD OF RADIO 993/ GH  SHORTWAVE/DX REPORT 99-26, June 27)

UKRAINE- 9560, RUI, June 5 0000-0058: English news, commentary, local
pops, choral church music. Fair. Much weaker on // 5905,  6020. Don't
recall 9560 being audible before; 9560 covered by R. Budapest *0058
(Brian Alexander, PA, WOLD OF RADIO 992 / GH Shortwave/DX Report 99-25,
June 10)

USA- Those concerned about the once mediocre WRNO should note some B.S.
weak with breakups on 7395 at 1110 check June 9,  // WWCR 7435,
presumably this (Glenn Hauser, OK / GH Shortwave/DX Report 99-25, June
10)

USA- Dr. Kim Andrew Elliott is taking some time off, so he has
graciously invited me to put this week's edition of "DXING WITH CUMBRE"
on the World Radio Network in place of his usual 30-minute version of
VOA's "Communications World." Our thanks to Dr. Elliott for this
invitation. Here is where the half-hour version may be heard, according
to the CW schedule posted at <http://www.trsc.com/cw/cw_schedule.html >:
HALF-HOUR EDITION BROADCAST ON SHORTWAVE (Satellite feed provided by
World Radio Network) Sunday 0200-0230 5070 (WWCR) --- Sunday 2000-2030
7415 (WBCQ) --- Monday  0530-0600 3210 (WWCR) --- Thurs. 1230-1300 15685
(WWCR).  HALF-HOUR EDITION VIA SATELLITE AND INTERNET The half-hour
edition of Communications World is available on demand in Real Audio
format from: <http://wrn.org/ondemand/communicationsworld.html >and <
http://www.voa.gov > Via satellite: WRN: World Radio Network W0KIE:
W0KIE Satellite Radio Network.  To Europe: Saturday 0830-0900 WRN1,
Astra 1B, 19 degrees East, Transponder 22 (VH1),  11.538 GHz, v-pol,
audio subcarrier 7.38 MHz; and WRN2, Eutelsat Hot Bird, 13 degrees east,
10.933 GHz (horizontal polarization),  audio subcarrier 7.74 MHz on
Quantum 24 TV. Also via WRN affiliates in Europe:<
http://wrn.org/europe.html > --- To Africa/Middle East/Eastern Europe:
Sunday 0400-0430 WRN1, Intelsat 707, 1 degree west, 3.9115 GHz,
right-hand circular-pol, symbol rate 8.022  Mbaud, FEC 3/4, MPEG2. From
the menu select audio stream "WRN1" and listen to the left channel for
WRN1. Also on Multichoice,  channel 51, to southern Africa. Sunday
0830-0900 WRN2 (as above, except listen to the right channel for
WRN2) --- To Asia: Sunday 0400-0420 WRN1, AsiaSat-2, 100.5 degrees east,
4.000 GHz, v-pol, MPEG2 DVB, symbol rate 28.125 Mbaud, FEC 3/4. Select
"WRN" from  audio menu and listen to left audo channel for WRN1. Also on
Usen cable radio in Japan. Sunday 0830-0900 WRN2 (as above, except
listen to the right channel for WRN2) --- To North America: Saturday
0230-0400 WRN2, Galaxy 5, 125 degrees west,  transponder 6 (TBS), 3.820
GHz, v-pol, audio subcarrier 6.2 MHz. Also available as Internet audio
stream: <http://wrn.org/live.html > Sunday 1400-1430 WRN1 (as above
except audio subcarrier 6.8 MHz). Also available as Internet audio
stream: < http://wrn.org/live.html > Friday 0200-0230 W0KIE Satellite
Radio Network, GE-1, 103 degrees west, 3.94 GHz, v-pol, audio subcarrier
5.7 MHz narrow band  (4DTV-W1-951). --- Also in Real Audio from <
http://www.w0kie.com >Reception reports welcome at < cw@xxxxxxx > The
regular  Cumbre shortwave broadcasts on World Harvest Radio will be
available as usual; the latest schedule is <  http://www.whr.org >
(Lamb, USA June 16)

DX PROGRAMS

Hi, everyone! Here is the updated DXING WITH CUMBRE schedule, as of 9
June. Frequencies are in kHz; times are UTC. Programs  are approximately
30 minutes long. WHRI ANGEL I (Americas/Caribbean) Sat 0500 7315 --- Sat
0730 7315 --- Sat 2230 9495 --- Sun  1400 15105 (new) --- Sun 2200 9495.
WHRI ANGEL II (Eur/Mideast/Afr/Rus/N Am) Sat 0500 5745 (used for all
Cumbre transmissions on Angel II) --- Sat 0730 --- Sun 0300 --- Sun
2300.   KWHR ANGEL III (Asia) Sat 0230 17510 (time change) --- Sat  0600
17780 --- Sun 0600 17780 --- Sun 1830 17510.   KWHR ANGEL IV (South
Pacific)   Sun 1030 11565 (all Angel IV transmissions of Cumbre are on
this fqy) --- Sun 1300.  WHRA ANGEL V (Africa/Mideast) (may also be
audible for many WHRI listeners)   Fri 2200 17650 --- Sat 1600 17650 ---
Sat 2230 17650 --- Sun 2230 17650.   The program may be heard on Real
Audio whenever it is on  shortwave at the World Harvest website
<http://www.whr.org>. Also, it is  audible on demand at the Cumbre DX
website; the URL for it is <http://www.cumbredx.org>.  The postal
address for shortwave reception reports: World Harvest Radio, P.O. Box
12, South Bend IN  46624, U.S.A.  Thanks for listening and contributing,
as always!  73--Marie Lamb, DXing with Cumbre

###