[HCDX]: TP DX

Hi:

For the first time in several months, Pacific cx the last couple of days
are finally improving! This has been the worst Summer I have ever had in
the 32 plus years I have been DXing the Northern Oregon coast. Hardly a
Hawaiian has been heard which a few years ago, many were at least S9+20
DB.  I heard a couple NZers  yesterday morning. Here are a few logs:

531 KHZ - 1XPI - NZ, Auckland, fair with reg Samoan programming at 0915
UTC 6/23. (PM-OR)

550 KHZ - KMVI - HAWAII, Wailuku, fair mostly u/KOAC with wc for Maui at
0710 UTC 6/24. (PM-OR)

r567 KHZ - 2YA - NZ, WELLINGTON, presume the EZ listening mx just above
the noise at 0923  6/23 (PM-OR)

570 KHZ - KQNG - HAWAII, LIHUE, good on top of KVI w/CBS Nx and "KONG
Weather" at 0705 UTC 6/24 (PM-OR)

620 KHZ - KIPA - HAWAII, HILO, good with AS format and ID at 0702 UTC
6/24 as "This is KIPA-Hilo with sync. transmitters at Kona and Kahou."
Into News. (PM-OR)

t657 KHZ - 2YC - NZ, WELLINGTON, presume the Radio Rhema type of soft
rel. mx at 0955 6/23. Best I have hrd a NZ station for quite a while.
(PM-OR)

670 KHZ - KPUA - HAWAII, Hilo, good o/KBOI w, jingle ID at 0659.50 UTC
6/24 as "KPUA-Hilo". Into nx. (PM-OR)

720 KHZ -KUAI , HAWAII, Eleele, fair u/KDWN with local sports nx of golf
tournament at 0707 UTC  6/24 (PM-OR)

There was also talk u/KFMB-760 (presume KGU), Rel on 870 (KAIM), etc.
Maybe this will be a good season coming up.

Drake R8
Term. EWE antenna.

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR  (USA)