[HCDX]: Drake R8A / Icom R75

I have the chance to buy either of these...a 2nd hand R8A or a new R75.

Price: Drake R8A with various bits A$1200
       Icom R75 brand new A$1390

OK, the Icom is newer. I have read bad comments about it's audio quality,
though these may be fixed by the use of an external speaker. As I am also
into MW/Broadcast Band DX, I was not impressed by the R75's figures of
5.6uV for the MW band, it appears like most receivers destined for the
US/Euro market that MW is deliberately crippled to cover the overloading
problem you get there.

Here in Oz that isn't as big a problem, and I want MW coverage. So I would
like comments, especially from anyone who has compared the two on both HF
& MF.

Icom R75 - New technology
           Warranty

Drake R8A - Better MW coverage
            Slightly cheaper
            Better audio?

I have used a Drake R8A a few years ago on a DXpedition and found it good,
but would like to compare the two.

Richard