Re: [HCDX]: Drake R8A / Icom R75

Just bought the Service Manual on CD. It shows a 10 dB attenuator below 1,6 MHz.
There is a CP (=connection point) where you can short it out! Easily done, gives
some extra dB!

There also seems to be some kind of filter calibration in the R75. Turn the
receiver off, short the remote jack, press the ANT and CLOCK buttons and turn
the receiver on again. With the UP and DOWN buttons you can find the filter
calibration on the display. I have not tried it out myself! Perhaps it will
measure the bandwidths and adjust hte BFO frequencies, ad the AOR7030 does? No
information in the Service Manual about what it really means!