Re: [HCDX]: Receiver Performance

> Anyone else have stories of one receiver clearly humiliating several
> others?

We had a DX trip a few months ago, and one of the better catches was the
Italian SWRS on 11470USB. I was running an old Sony ICF6800 which seemed
much better on this signal than the various old valve sets (Trio 9R59DS,
Collins R390A) or the various newer sets we had like the R71.

Subjectively from here, I just use the Trio 9R59DS and the Sony. The Trio
is usually better on the lower bands but not always, sometimes things seem
much better on the Sony even with the same aerial.

I will be interested to play with the Drake R8A when it turns up.

Richard