Re: [HCDX]: Digging out RNI but still SINPO 34443 ?

Re: [HCDX]: Digging out RNI but still SINPO 34443 ?

In einer eMail vom 07.08.99 23:07:36 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit schreibt
gs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:

>  Is this not a little bit to much in contradiction Martin ?  How can you
hear
>  a station with SINPO 34443 when you are struggling with your radio and
>  antenna's to avoid the qrm from Italy and Spain ?

ECSS ist the key to success ;-) Catching them here in Germany on 1575.4 kcs
during darkness is a surprisingly simple task. At times there were as strong
as S=4.

>  is making trouble.  It is strange that I can hear these stations better
with
>  my Sony ICF 2001D with mini-loop (35x35 cm) than with my AOR7030 with
>  outdoor longwire of 10 meters.  It seems that my longwire is picking up far
>  to much local interference.

Just use a loop antenna for listening on mw instead of your 10m wire and
reception of these RSL´s with your AR7030 should be not a big problem. It
will make a BIG difference as I have experienced myself.

>  Has anybody heard anything from the Swinging Radio England RSL on 1566 kHz
?
>  Looks like they are really using only 1 KW while nobody has heard them
>  apparently.

Heard here (close to Frankfurt/M.) several times during darkness. Should be
possible in Belgium too. But use a loop ;-)

vy73
Harald