Re: [HCDX]: Digging out RNI but still SINPO 34443 ?

On Sun, 8 Aug 1999 07:39:19 EDT, you wrote:

>In einer eMail vom 07.08.99 23:07:36 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit schreibt
>gs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:
>
>>  Is this not a little bit to much in contradiction Martin ?  How can you
>hear
>>  a station with SINPO 34443 when you are struggling with your radio and
>>  antenna's to avoid the qrm from Italy and Spain ?
>
>ECSS ist the key to success ;-) Catching them here in Germany on 1575.4 kcs
>during darkness is a surprisingly simple task. At times there were as strong
>as S=4.
>
>>  is making trouble.  It is strange that I can hear these stations better
>with
>>  my Sony ICF 2001D with mini-loop (35x35 cm) than with my AOR7030 with
>>  outdoor longwire of 10 meters.  It seems that my longwire is picking up far
>>  to much local interference.
>
>Just use a loop antenna for listening on mw instead of your 10m wire and
>reception of these RSL´s with your AR7030 should be not a big problem. It
>will make a BIG difference as I have experienced myself.
>
>>  Has anybody heard anything from the Swinging Radio England RSL on 1566 kHz
>?
>>  Looks like they are really using only 1 KW while nobody has heard them
>>  apparently.
>
>Heard here (close to Frankfurt/M.) several times during darkness. Should be
>possible in Belgium too. But use a loop ;-)

I use a T2FD antenna for MW reception, I have also a medium wave loop and
and MLB 1 but the last 2 are not better most of the times, the T2FD is used
for reception between 3-35 MHZ, but It is also very good in the mediumwave
band.
>From DX'ers wich have experience: after the beverage antenna, the T2FD is
one of the best antennas for mediumwave reception,O.K. It gives poor
signal strength, but also with very little noise, most of the times
good for a clear Id when conditions well enough!

73!

Ruud Vos
Utrecht
Holland