Re: [HCDX]: African Tribal music on 6950

Re: [HCDX]: African Tribal music on 6950

In einer eMail vom 22.08.99 18:56:29 (MEZ) - Mitteleurop. Sommerzeit schreibt
ccrawford@xxxxxxxxxxx:

>  Last night (22 August), while checking for pirates, I heard African style
>  tribal music on 6950 in usb mode. Not audible in am mode. Thats the second
>  time recently. The time was between 0400 and 0425. Its not very strong.
>  Anybody else hearing this?

It might have been one of the Somali stations or Sudan. However, since I do
not know from where you are listening it is difficult to tell. If you are
listening from Europe or Africa, a station from Somalia or Sudan would well
be possible. May be you should check if it´s // 8000.0 USB. If so, it´s Sudan
(according to Mahendra Vaghjee in Numero Uno #1540). I heard a USB music
jammer on 8000.0 USB several times, playing nothings else than nonstop Horn
of Africa music. This jammer is aimed at the Voice of Sudan, a clandestine
broadcasting station from Eritrea. The Voice of Sudan is always on exactly
7999.85 kcs in full AM. Good luck.

vy73
Harald