[HCDX]: Re: Australasian SW Digest - Year 2000 Books!

[HCDX]: Re: Australasian SW Digest - Year 2000 Books!

WARNING - PADULA BOOKS

I was interested to read this advertisement from Mr. Padula for his ASWG
publications. Recent information received by the Australian Radio DX Club
indicated that his health had taken a turn for the worse, he was being
cared for by a relative, and that his affairs were being looked after by
his brother. This was received by John Wright on the 9th of September from
memory. The indication was that he was not expected to live.

Accordingly I personally wouldn't send money at this point, check the
situation first.

Bob has stated the following in his Electronic DX-Press 132...

###########

Subject: EDXP 132

 Some of you may know that I have been under treatment and ongoing therapy
 for a debilitating/degenerative bone disease. Put in simple words, my bones
are crumbling and there is no "cure". I have been having constant
injections to try and build up the red blood cell count, but this has not
been effective. The disease has now permeated into my central nervous
system and the long term prognosis is negative. I am unable to sleep for
any more than one hour. Any keyboard work is agony, whether on the  PC or
piano, and analgesics have terrible side effects. I have been helped by my
younger brother Michael in putting together this issue of EDXP. We are also
in the middle of major refurbishing to my home here in Surrey Hills,
surrounded by bits of plaster board, timber offcuts, wood shavings, plaster
dust, and heaps of rubbish. There is fine dust everywhere, coming from the
sanding process on the Gypsumboard  walls. The floors are bare timber with
no coverings as yet. This is a real mess, believe me, with things
temporarily stored in the formal rooms.

Frankly, I do not know how much longer I can sustain things in the radio
monitoring and technical journalism field, which includes contract work as
a professional broadcast engineering consultant. My personal situation is
not being helped by some unpleasant things which have happened to me in
respect of my membership with the Australian  Radio DX Club. As you know, I
am a Foundation (year 1965) and Life Member,  and had occupied
administrative positions with the Club continuously since its inception,
until mid-1997 when I retired due to health reasons.

##########

I would not wish on anyone the symptoms described above, and sincerely
hope that Mr. Padula overcomes this disease.

However, as Mr. Padula has used this issue to overcome certain problems,
the following needs to be done..

I ask Mr. Padula personally, to confirm or deny his claims to the
Australian Radio DX Club made recently, that he has not long to live, and
to justify those claims with his recent advertisements here offering his
publications for the next year.

Should he not have long to live, I consider it irresponsible by him to
offer publications for 6 to 12 months in advance.

Alternately, I consider it pretty poor form to claim you are on death's
door in public emails and personal submissions to a Club to get out of
being expelled.

I hate dragging this sort of politics into the worldwide forum, but I
cannot understand how someone who claims he is dying can then advertise
with a clean conscience here.

Emails - preferably personally to me and BPadula@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx rather
than dragging it out here.

This email is personal, and is not related in any way to my Committee or
Editorial position within the Australian Radio DX Club. These are my own
opinions.

73s

Richard