[HCDX]: REMINDER: Cumbre replaces CW this weekend

[HCDX]: REMINDER: Cumbre replaces CW this weekend

Hi!  This is to remind everyone that "DXing with Cumbre" will
be on in place of the half-hour version of "Communications World"
for the weekend of 23 October.  Thanks to Kim Elliott for asking us again.
Keep in mind that we are only replacing the half-hour version, not the
A/B/C sections heard on VOA.  Unless something has changed, I believe that
Glenn Hauser will again replace Kim this week in the A/B/C sections, and
the schedule for those is available at the CW website mentioned at the
bottom of this posting.

Here is where to find us when we replace the half-hour CW:

HALF-HOUR EDITION REBROADCAST ON SHORTWAVE
(Satellite feed provided via World Radio Network)

Sunday 0200-0230  5070 (WWCR)
Sunday 2000-2030  7415 (WBCQ)
Monday 0530-0600  3210 (WWCR)
Thurs. 1230-1300  15685 (WWCR)

HALF-HOUR EDITION VIA SATELLITE AND INTERNET

The half-hour edition of CW is available on demand in RealAudio
format from:
http://wrn.org/ondemand/commmunicationsworld.html  and
http://wrn.voa.gov  .

Via satellite:
WRN: World Radio Network <http://wrn.org>
W0KIE: W0KIE Satellite Radio Network <http://www.w0kie.com>

To Europe
Saturday    0830-0900  WRN1, Astra 1B, 19 degrees East,
		       Transponder 22 (VH-1), 11.538 GHz,
                       v-pol, audio subcarrier 7.38 MHz;
                       and WRN2, Eutelsat HotBird, 13 degrees
                       East, 10.933 GHz (horizontal polarization),
                       audio subcarrier 7.74 MHz on Quantum 24 TV.
                       Also via WRN affiliates in Europe:
                       http://wrn.org/europe.html

To Africa/Middle East/Eastern Europe
Sunday      0400-0430  WRN1, Intelsat 707, 1 degrees west, 3.9115
                       GHZ, right-hand circular-pol, symbol rate
                       8.022 Mbaud, FEC 3/4, MPEG 2.  From the
		       menu select audio stream "WRN1," and listen to the
		       left channel for WRN1.  Also on Multichoice,
 		       channel 51, to southern Africa.
Sunday      0830-0900  WRN2 (as above except listen to the right
		       channel for WRN2)

To Asia
Sunday      0400-0430  WRN1, AsiaSat 2, 100.5 degrees east, 4.000
 		       GHz, v-pol, MPEG2 DVB, symbol rate 28.125
                       Mbaud, FEC 3/4.  Select "WRN" from audio menu
                       and listen to left audio channel for WRN1.
		       Also on Usen cable radio in Japan.
Sunday      0830-0900  WRN2 (as above except listen to right audio
                       channel for WRN2).

To North America
Saturday    0230-0400  WRN2, Galaxy 5, 125 degrees west, transponder 6
                       (TBS), 3.820 GHZ, v-pol, audio subcarrier 6.2 MHz.
                       Also available as Internet audio stream:
 		       http://wrn.org/listen.html

Sunday      1400-1430  WRN1 (as above except audio subcarrier 6.8 MHz).
 		       Also available as Internet audio stream:
 		       http://wrn.org/live.html

Friday      0200-0230  W0KIE Satellite Radio Network, GE-1, 103
                       degrees west, 3.94 GHz, v-pol, audio subcarrier 5.7
 		       MHz narrow band (4DTV-W1-951).  Also in Real Audio:
 		       http://www.w0kie.com

CW Web site: http://www.trsc.com/cw
Reception reports welcome: cw@xxxxxxx

Thanks to Kim Elliott for this chance to help him out, and we hope you'll
tune in the weekend of the 23rd!  Of course, we'll still be on
our usual schedule at World Harvest Radio.  <http://www.whr.org>

Marie Lamb
DXing with Cumbre