Re: [HCDX]: Russian AM stations in the Caucasus & DXpedition info

Mauno Ritola wrote:

> I'm not a Russian contributor, but I heard R Rossii relay on 1251 kHz on
> Wednesday, 3rd November. Unfortunately no local px at 1710, just normal R
> Rossii "Otrazheniya"-programme continued after the news. But I of course
> don't know if the transmitter was Urup or something else.

My guess is that it was not the Karachayevo-Cherkesiya transmitter. Having just
returned from a DXpedition to Lemmenjoki, 1251 kHz was one of the frequencies
monitored, and I logged Izhevsk local programming there. So, unlike the WRTH
lists, at least the Izhevsk tx is running R Rossii and Izhevsk local
programming.

BTW, no sign of any splits near the Vladikavkaz nominal frequency of 594 kHz.
Just the same Izhevsk sharp on 594 kHz.

The DXpedition report will be published very shortly and I will announce the
address on this list.

73s
Mika Makelainen