RE: [HCDX]: Activities on 12140 kHz

FIJI: The University of the South Pacific, Suva, still has broadcasts of
lectures on 9070 and 12140 USB Mondays-Fridays at 2200-0700. They are
simulcast on the same frequencies by network stations in Niue, Western
Samoa, and Tuvalu. Thus it is impossible to determine, from a considerable
distance, which station you would actually hear. Moreover, the Telecom
authorities ordered the stations to reduce power from 150 to 50 watts only.
The shortwave will be supplemented by satellite at the end of this year or
early next year. Address- USP, Extension Services, P.O. Box 1168, Suva, Fiji
(Maarten van Delft, DSWCI Shortwave News)

Hello to all,

this morning I could receive a very very poor signal on 12140 at around
07.00 UTC. Reception was better in USB-mode. I only could hear some traces
of music and a female voice. No chance to identify the language.

Who has information concerning the SW-activities of the University of the
South Pacific in Suva, Fiji? Are they active at present?

vy 73

Michael Schnitzer
mschnitzer@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Receiver: JRC NRD-525
Antenna: 25m longwire & DX-One Professional
Location: Hassfurt, Germany