[HCDX]: Hawaii TIS

A new TIS type station is testing at this very moment (1225 UTC Sunday
12/12/99)) on 1610 kHz from an unknown location in Hawaii.  It is
relaying Weather Station KBA99 with the flood warnings due to the bad
weather we have been having, heavy rains etc.
Every 30 seconds a make voice interrupts the broadcast with "Testing,
one, two, three,
four, five"!   First time heard here. SIgnal is good but with fades so I
doubt it is local or very close to me.
Possibly it is a special transmission because of the weather conditions,
or it might
be a new service.
If it is new, it would be Hawaii's second TIS type as there is one on 530
kHz at Hawaii
Volcano National Partk here on the Big Island which I hear regulary.
73 and Aloha,
Chuck Boehnke    ----   Keauu, Hawaii  (15 miles south of Hilo)