Re: [HCDX]: G Hauser's Shortwave/DX Report 99-75

Re: [HCDX]: G Hauser's Shortwave/DX Report 99-75

> ** PERU. R. Libertad, Trujillo, has been closed Dec 9
> by an official of the Ministry of Transport and >
Communications as an unlicensed clandestine. The >
station maintains that it has been licensed since Nov >
1951 (IFEX website via BBC Monitoring Dec 16, >
summarised by Hauser) Not sure, but this rings a bell >
as having been on SW; no frequency mentioned, of >
course (Hauser).

I assume this is the Radio Libertad de Trujillo that
came on briefly about 1983-4. I know it was when I was
living in Honduras. I think the frequency was 4910, but
I don't have my logs at hand to check. I do have a nice
QSL letter from the owner (Burmeister? That name comes
to mind.) The station had also been on SW in the 1950s
and/or 1960s, before my time. Of course, it has always
been on MW.

It sounds like the Ministry of Transport is getting
more serious about licensing. Of course, Trujillo is a
major and easily reached city. Their agents may be less
interested in traveling to remote mountain towns. In
fact, I wonder if closing down Radio Libertad is a way
of showing they are closing down unlicensed stations
without personal sacrifice, ;-).

Don Moore   mooredxer@xxxxxxxxx

=====
Don Moore     mooredxer@xxxxxxxxx