[HCDX]: Thailand on 1395 MW

Message from Julius Hermans, Breedenbroek, Netherlands

I reported before about the station I heard on january 10th at 23.40 UTC on 1395 Khz MediumWave. My impression was that the language I heard was Thai. But as I was not sure I asked for help in the DX-community to listen to the recording. Zacharias Liangas of Greece offered me to help (via hard-Core DX). He has knowledge of languages in Asia. I sent him a tape and he has confirmed that the language was indeed Thai.
There is only station in Thailand on 1395: It is located in Chiang Ray with a power given of 25 Kw. Check also the informative Asia MW-logs-site on the net: http://members.tripod.co.uk/agd12/mw4.html
I am quite pleased with this catch. Great to hear Thailand again on MW here in the Netherlands(I have heard them before on 1395 and a Thai as well on 1467) and it is nice there are always DX'ers around who are willing to help you!!

73,
Julius