[HCDX]: sound processing results ?

I have been trying some DSP and sound processing tools on a recording from
Radio Vanuatu I made in early December.  It was a very noisy recording from
which I could understand nothing.  I've ID'ed them only from the 'yellow
bird call'.  I thought that it would be possible to do some sound processing
on it to make it more or less understandable. But the only result was that I
could make it sound in many different ways, but not in such a way that it
became better understandable.  Has anybody ever managed to clear up a
DX-catch by sound processing ?

I tried the following stuff.

Software:  Chroma Sound
http://www.siliconpixels.com