Re: [HCDX]: Poland on LW/MW

At 13.17 19.2.2000 +0200, you wrote:
>Yudun Ritz:
>> In this very moment I am listening to Poland's Radio1 on 225 kHz
>> (transmitting from a 300 m high tower), so they actually are
>> transmitting at least on long wave. For more infos you are welcome to
>> visit my MW web site (www.eritz.com) from which you can l

Jorma Mantyla:
>I made a band scan here in Finland about one month ago.  There seems to be
>only two active Polish AM stations.  The other one is LW 225 kHz, indeed.
>All other AM-stns have been off the air possibly since Dec/Jan.  Thus
>1368, 1305, 1206, 1080, 819 and 738 kHz are free for long-distance
>reception.  720 kHz has been off the air many years.

I don't know the exact date, but the Polish MW transmitters except 1503 kHz
were closed down much earlier, I would say in December 1997. And 1503 kHz
is off, too since January this year. So only 225 kHz is left. I saw
somewhere a report of Poland being on 279 kHz, but that must have Belarus
or a mixing product in the receiver.

73, Mauno