[HCDX]: Back from Thailand

Hello all,

yesterday I came back to Germany, after a 14 hour flight and an unexpected
landing in Abu Dhabi, where I could make a quick recording of the two FM
channels :-)

In total about 100 recordings were saved to HD as mp2 files. They will be
made available on my webpages at www.radio-portal.org, but this may take a
while as I have to edit most of them before.

On Feb. 22 I tried to visit the Dusit Palace Station Or Sor in the
Rajchavithee Road, Bangkok. I wanted to take some photos and get an
interview. Believe it or not, I did not find the building - I checked the
Palace, I looked for antennas (the only one visible at that street belonged
to the Thailand Press Association), I asked those journalists, policemen,
military personel, taxi drivers. After 2 hours I gave up and I wonder if
any postman will ever be able to get my letter to them...

Recently I am including all observations to the database of the Tropical
Band List, for the March issue. While doing that, I discovered two errors
in the logs I published:

3235 R. West New Britain, Kimbe, 1200 s/off with orchestra-NA
Willi Passmann, Ko Tao-Thailand, Feb 14
---The s/off time in the original mail was given as "1900" which
corresponds to the local time in Thailand, not UTC.

3335 R. East Sepik, under heavy interference of CBS Taipei. S/off with
orchestra-NA 1200, 32322.
Willi Passmann, Ko Tao-Thailand, Feb 15
---That frequency was given as "3235" before- sry

The frequency was missing for the Xinjiang log on Feb. 12, with s/off at
1646: It was 5060.0, // 4980. Note the change from ex 5060.3.

6750 is not a new frequency for CPBS 1; the Tx location Shijiazhuang has
been listed in TBL for a while. // frequencies were updated, though.

Please use my address "dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" for all email again; the
hotmail address will be checked only irregularly.

73,
Willi Passmann, Muelheim, (c)old Germany

--
     _/_/ http://www.radio-portal.org
    _/_/ The search engine for Hams and SWLs